Nearly 5,000 franchisees, 4,934 to be exact, representing 53 B2B franchise brands were surveyed by Franchise Business Review, which provides the only rankings of franchises based solely on actual franchisee satisfaction and performance, between July 2015 and December 2016 in order to shed light on what it’s like to own a B2B franchise.
Franchisees who participated in the survey were asked to answer 49 questions ranking their franchise system in areas including financial opportunity, training and support, leadership, operations and product development, core values (e.g., honesty and integrity of franchisor), general satisfaction, and the franchisee community.
“B2B is one of the fastest growing franchise sectors,” says Eric Stites, CEO of Franchise Business Review. “It’s a high-demand business opportunity that, in many cases, can be started with a relatively low investment. The key is to select a franchise that has a proven track record of highly satisfied franchisees.”
B2B Franchisee Satisfaction Survey Data Highlights
Overall Satisfaction of B2B Franchisees*
- I enjoy operating this business – 87%
- I enjoy being part of this organization – 83%
- I respect my franchisor – 81%
- Overall satisfaction with the franchisor and the opportunity provided – 80%
- I believe my franchisor acts with a high level of integrity – 77%
- Would recommend my franchise brand to others – 74%
* % indicates positive responses.
Top 3 B2B Franchise Sectors With the Most Satisfied Franchisees
- Business Services
- Advertising & Sales
- Financial Services
Top 2 Most Lucrative B2B Franchise Sectors
- Business Services ($96,100 average pre-tax income)
- Advertising & Sales ($94,300 average pre-tax income)
Income of Single Unit B2B vs. B2C Franchise Owners
When it comes to how much revenue B2B vs. Business to Consumer (B2C) franchise owners who own a single unit make, the following was found:
- $71,300 is the average pre-tax income for a single unit B2B franchise owner
- $66,200 is the average pre-tax income for a single unit B2C franchise owner
Based on the franchisee satisfaction survey data, Franchise Business Review compiled its Top 2017 B2B Franchises list. The list and insight from B2B franchisees and franchisors, information about the B2B sector, and guidance regarding how to select a B2B franchise is available for free at franchisebusinessreview.com.