Franchise Business Review’s 2017 Top Franchises for Women Survey Highlights
Franchise Business Review surveyed 6,400 female franchisees representing 300 franchise brands between July 2015 and December 2016 in order to identify the brands that made its 2017 Top Franchises for Women list. Each survey participant was asked 33 benchmark questions about their franchisor that focused on areas such as leadership, training, and core values as well 16 more personal questions concerning topics such as their business lifestyle and overall enjoyment of running their franchise.
“The franchise industry provides many options to women seeking business ownership on a full- or part-time basis in multiple sectors.”
“The franchise industry provides many options to women seeking business ownership on a full- or part-time basis in multiple sectors,” says Michelle Rowan, President of Franchise Business Review. “In order to help ensure that a brand you are interested in is likely to meet your expectations, it’s critical to examine feedback from female franchise owners regarding it." Many of the 50 brands featured on Franchise Business Review's 2017 Top Franchises for Women list share all their franchisees' survey responses within the Franchise Reviews section of FranchiseBusinessReview.com.
If you are interested in franchising, be sure to look at the 50 woman franchise owner approved brands featured on Franchise Business Review's 2017 Top Franchises for Women list, to read the FBR Franchisee Insight Q&As with female franchisees, and to review the data highlights from the survey below.
Franchise Business Review’s 2017 Top Franchises for Women Survey Data Highlights
Overall Satisfaction of Female Franchisees*
- I enjoy operating this business - 90%
- I enjoy being part of this organization - 88%
- Would recommend my franchise brand to others - 85%
- I respect my franchisor - 84%
- I believe my franchisor acts with a high level of integrity - 80%
- Would "do it again" knowing what I know today - 74%
* % indicates positive responses.
Overall Work/Life Balance of Female Franchisees
- 54% of female franchisees overall say their work/life is balanced or very balanced
Work/Life Balance of Female Franchisees by Sector*
- Cleaning - 71%
- Travel - 66%
- Fitness - 63%
- Business Services - 62%
- Retail - 55%
- Child - 55%
- Automotive - 54%
- Food - 53%
- Sports & Recreation - 51%
- Home Services- 49%
* % indicates responses of balanced or very balanced.
Hours Worked/Week: Female vs. Male Franchisees
- 40-50 hours/week: median number of hours female and male franchisees work
- 44 hours/week: actual number of hours female franchisees typically work
- 48 hours/week: actual number of hours male franchisees typically work
Demographics of Female Franchisees
- Education: 41% bachelors degree; 20% high school graduates; 19% masters degree; 17% associate's degree
- Age: 67% are 45 or older; 34% 45-54 years old; 24% 55-64 years old; 23% 35-44 years old; 10% 25-34 years old
- Years in business 31% 2-5 years; 26% less than 2 years; 25% 10+ years; 17% 6-9 years