Chicken Salad Chick
Total Startup Investment
$483,000 - $648,000
Net Worth Required
US/Canada Franchise Units
Franchise Owner Reviews
Reviewed by 24 franchise owners (75% of owners)
“Becoming a Chicken Salad Chick franchisee has been a life changing decision for me. The culture of the brand and the actions of unprecedented support from them as a franchisor is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I could not be happier with my decision to join the Chicken Salad Chick family!” – Chicken Salad Chick Franchisee
“CSC has very strong core values. It provides a great experience and opportunity to its customers.” – Chicken Salad Chick Franchisee
“Everyone [in the Chicken Salad Chick franchisee community] is very open about their experiences and sharing information gathered along the way. Everything from best practices to financial information.”- Chicken Salad Chick Franchisee
Why Chicken Salad Chick?
Chicken Salad Chick, the nation’s only Southern-inspired, fast-casual chicken salad restaurant concept, was founded in 2008 in Auburn, Alabama. What started as a small takeout restaurant has quickly grown throughout the Southeast. Our founders instilled a strong culture of genuine southern hospitality. Chicken Salad Chick is attractive to owners, developers, and landlords because of its streamlined and simple operation, lack of fryers and vents, and unique dining experience. The concept is supported by local and brand-wide marketing to create awareness and store traffic. Our owners are trained in community marketing, which includes on-site marketing events as well as off-premise catering.
Chicken Salad Chick is uniquely positioned in the fast-casual space, in that no other restaurant concept specializes in fresh, house-made chicken salad. The concept truly offers a one-of-a-kind experience. We use the highest-quality ingredients and offer guests a neighborhood restaurant experience, specializing in a wide variety of fresh, house-made chicken salads, soups, sandwiches, and desserts. Approximately 75% of Chicken Salad Chick locations are franchised, with the remaining 25% being company-owned. Our franchise owners are carefully selected, ensuring that the Chick culture is maintained to the highest degree.
Chicken Salad Chick is growing at a pace of 30 to 40 locations annually and boasts 100 restaurants across 12 states. We are offering craveable, made-from-scratch meals served from the heart to guests throughout the South, and are well on our way to be “America’s Favorite Place for Chicken Salad.”
Awards and Accolades
- 2018 Top Franchise - Franchise Business Review
15 on Franchise Times Fast & Serious List - 2017
- Inc. 5000's Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in 2016, 2017, 2018
- Nations' Restaurant News "Next 20" - 2017
- Restaurant Business Future 50 - 2017
Chicken Salad Chick Foundation
The true purpose of our founders, Stacy and Kevin Brown, was to have a positive impact on people, and the duo saw the opportunity for a philanthropic avenue within just a few months of opening the first Chicken Salad Chick location. After Kevin’s diagnosis of stage 4 colon cancer that had spread to his liver, the direction of the Chicken Salad Chick Foundation became clear.
In addition to finding a cure for cancer, the CSC Foundation is passionate about ending hunger in America. This cause is a natural fit for our foundation since, as a restaurant concept founded with an appreciation for health and family, feeding families in need closely aligns with who we are as an organization. Food insecurity affects one in six people in America, reaching every community in every state. The CSC Foundation partners with Chicken Salad Chick locations in our various markets to give back to local food banks and food-related charities.
Steps to Ownership
We have a simple, well-defined process to help you become a valued Chicken Salad Chick franchise owner:
- If you meet the franchise criteria found in the Franchise Owner Brochure, please reach out to our Director of Franchise Development by filling out our contact form on our website.
- You will be guided through the franchise acquisition process and learn about the support system we have in place to assist you with opening your very own Chicken Salad Chick.
- Next, allow us to host you at our corporate office and flagship restaurant in Auburn, AL. This is where the magic started!
- Determine whether Chicken Salad Chick feels like a fit for you. We’ll do the same and, if we both agree, we will extend an offer to become a franchisee.
- Finally, review and sign the franchise agreement and submit your franchise fee. Once this process has been completed, congratulations! You are officially a part of the Chick Family. Our team is committed to taking great care of you every step of the way.
Download the franchisee satisfaction report on Chicken Salad Chick absolutely free.