Total Startup Investment
$107,700 - $160,325
Net Worth Required
US/Canada Franchise Units
Franchise Owner Reviews
Reviewed by 118 franchise owners (81% of owners)
Brightway is a business opportunity that empowers you to reach your potential, build wealth, help people and build a legacy. The entire system is designed to produce win-win-win outcomes for you, your family and your customers.
Brightway franchisees focus on selling new insurance policies while everything else – from accounting to data analytics to Customer Service to Marketing – is handled by 250+ Home Office employees in Jacksonville, Fla. As a result, Brightway agents consistently outsell their independent agent counterparts.
Brightway has been named:
- 1 Franchise to Buy by Forbes in the company’s investment category
- A Hot 100 Mover and Shaker by Insurance Business America
- A Fastest Growing Franchise and Top 100 Franchise by Franchise Gator
- “Best Place to Work” 9 times since 2008 by leading Florida publications
- One of the Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in the Country 7 years in a row by Inc. Magazine
- A Top 500 Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine and
- A Top 50 Franchise and Top B2B Franchise by Franchise Business Review
Qualifications: Top Brightway Agency Owners:
- Love to sell and great at it
- Can be highly effective as managers of sales teams
- Are great at building strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Are honest, patient, focused, business professionals who place importance on building and maintaining excellent reputations in the community
- Are goal-oriented and comfortable in charge of people and situations
- Are driven professionals seeking to build a wildly successful business
History comments: Brightway, with headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida, is a national property/casualty insurance retailer selling through a network of 117 franchised independent agencies in 10 states.
The company is the seventh largest privately held Personal Lines independent insurance agency in the U.S. and the 117th largest privately held for-profit company in Florida.
David and Michael Miller founded Brightway with the idea that real improvements could be made to the traditional insurance agency model that would benefit the agent and consumers. Drawing from David’s insurance and customer service background, and Michael’s experience in technology and sales automation, the two designed a new way of distributing insurance that fundamentally changes the independent insurance agency model in three ways. The model:
- Enables agents to focus on selling vs. servicing
- Lets consumers enjoy the broadest choice among insurance companies
- Provides a national brand to Independent Agents that they can leverage to grow
- Sales of new policies
- Service of existing policies
- Negotiating contracts with the carriers he or she wishes to represent
- Coordinating technology that makes it easy to sell new business, service existing business, and enable agency growth, and
- Building the agency’s brand
- Sales of new policies
- Min. Net Worth: $250,000
- Min. Operating Capital: $75,000
- Min. Required Investment: $107,700
Q: What does it take to be a successful Agency Owner? A: Successful agency owners in the Brightway system enjoy being their own boss, managing a sales team and helping people. The more you sell, the more you earn. And, with the benefit of renewal income and industry leading retention rates, you get the benefit of continuously adding to your business’ earning power.Q: What if I don’t have an insurance background? A: That’s OK. Some of our most successful Agency Owners didn’t have insurance backgrounds either. The support you receive from the Brightway system, ongoing coaching and support, make it easy to be successful.Q: Why would I buy a Brightway franchise vs. starting my own agency? A: With Brightway, you’ll grow faster, more profitably and experience the highest ROI with the least amount of risk. That’s why Forbes named us the #1 Franchise To Buy in the U.S. in 2015.Q: Is financing available? A: Yes. We work with several partner companies to provide our new and existing Agency Owners with start-up and expansion capital.