Name: Daniel Anisz (pictured above with his family)
Location: Window Genie of Naples, FL
Franchise Owner Since: 2018
1. What was it about the franchise model and/or leadership that led you to purchase it?
Throughout the whole process, I have found Window Genie to be very transparent. I like having several things ready to go starting a business so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. With Window Genie, you can follow proven steps and start bringing in money right away. The support from the corporate office and other franchisees are invaluable.
2. What type of business experience, education, and/or skills did you have prior to becoming a franchisee that you have found particularly helpful?
I worked at the corporate office of a franchise prior to buying my Window Genie business. This helped me understand the value of following a process and getting help from others. It helped me avoid mistakes that others have made in the past.
3. What do you like most about your job/owning a franchise?
I like having the freedom to make my own decisions and run the business I see fit—that’s probably my favorite part. I also like having the ability to make my own schedule and be in charge of my day-to-day routine.
4. How did you fund your franchise?
I funded my business through a Small Business Administration (SBA) loan.
5. What advice do you have for prospective franchise buyers?
Know that it is hard work, but it can be very rewarding. Building a business takes grit and determination. Following a proven system works. Don’t buy into a franchise and try to reinvent the wheel.
6. What else would you like to share?
I moved my family from Toronto to Naples for this business. Failure is not an option for me. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am also very happy that I did it!
To learn more about Window Genie franchise opportunities, call 800-700-0022 or visit WindowGenieFranchise.com.
Joel Wilder, of DeBary, Florida opened his Cruise Planners franchise in 2005. “Business is Great!” says Wilder having no regrets opening up his franchise business and leaving a long term career as an RN.