Kona Ice sells shaved ice, but that’s not all they’re about. The company has donated over $80 million dollars to communities and organizations across the country since its inception in 2007. The company states, “giving back is who we are, selling the world’s most incredible shaved ice is what we do.”
Kona Ice has a simple business model. The brand works for you, not the other way around. Their goal is to make franchise owners’ Kona Ice experience as enjoyable and stress-free as eating a cup of shaved ice.
The Kona Entertainment Vehicle (KEV):
Having built over 1,300 trucks, Kona Ice has perfected the KEV. This state-of-the-art truck is literally a mobile billboard for your business – it sells itself!
- Drives in anywhere, anytime, fully equipped to serve thousands per day
- Patented Flavorwave for self-serve flavor dispensing
- Choose from an endless variety of exotic flavor combinations
- Tropical music rocks from the BOSE enhanced sound system
- First mobile food truck to be completely NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approved
- Ancillary Equipment: Year Round Opportunities
Kona Ice has KEV units of every size for any venue:
- The Kona Mini: The most popular ancillary unit is a smaller, more agile version of the KEV. It’s designed for indoor events and smaller outdoor venues. It’s a low-risk, high-reward investment that can truly make your business last all year.
- The Kona Kiosk: The Kona Kiosk hit the streets in 2015 and has been a huge success. Perfect for semi-permanent venues or large events, the Kona Kiosk can serve the same amount of people as the truck. It’s smaller than a truck, but it has the same visibility and could be the perfect supplement to your Kona business.
- The Kona Trailer: Sometimes you only need the back half of the KEV – and that’s exactly what you’ll get with the Kona Trailer. It’s perfect for large venues where you’ll be established for the majority of your season.
- The KEV 2.0: The newest addition to the Kona ancillary family has been the KEV 2.0. It’s a smaller, more agile version of the main Kona truck. It’s great for when you want to expand in your area, but want to keep the mobility of the truck!
- Average of 6% food cost
- No real estate expenses
- Single person operation per unit
- Multi-unit expandability
- Fully contained & completely mobile
- Incredible franchisee buying power
Everyone’s favorite feature of the Kona Ice truck is the ability to load up on flavors to their heart’s content. In a day and age where self-serve dessert is all the rage, Kona has taken that step for the mobile shaved ice industry with our patented Flavorwave.
- Large, protected territories
- No forced expansion
- Territory assigned by zip code(s)
- Promotes working partnerships with neighboring franchisees
One Of A Kind Experience:
Kona doesn’t just sell gourmet shaved ice, it brings an unforgettable experience that appeals to the kid in all of us!
- Schools reward students with regular Kona visits
- Parents, kids and staff alike say Kona Day is the best day of the week at daycare
- Sports teams and leagues invite Kona to the ballpark whenever there’s a crowd
- Businesses book Kona as a special treat for employees
- Birthday parties, church festivals, block parties and company picnics can all benefit from the Kona Ice experience
- Your KAV is mobile, so really, you can be just about anywhere!
“With Kona, I have put more smiles on kid’s faces and received more genuine thank you’s in eight months than I ever did in my 25 years in the consumer electronic business.” – Cheri Wells, franchisee in Ventura, CA
Ever wonder if you’re making a difference? With Kona Ice, you’ll see it happening right before your very eyes. With over $80 million dollars given back to local communities all across the country, Kona Ice is defined by community involvement. Because it’s a mobile franchise, this allows you to be directly involved in your community at every touch point.
Kona Ice’s reputation is proclaimed as being one of the most innovative brands and “be your own boss” businesses around. In fact, they’ve made the Fastest Growing list the past six years. Kona Ice is thriving all across the map – from New Hampshire to California. And as of 2014, it’s been proven to work in three international markets as well. And in addition to that, roughly 75% of franchisees are purchasing a second unit within the first two years.